welcome TO PETHERTON PARK SCHOOL
I am very proud to be able to welcome you to our Petherton Park website. As Headteacher my role, along with the wider school team is to support our pupils to overcome barriers and thrive within a school environment that has been tailored to meet their individual needs.
We are an independent co-educational specialist provision, and we support up to 16 pupils aged 7-16 that have social, emotional and mental health difficulties, autism and associated challenges that impacts on their ability to learn. The steam are trained to deliver a therapeutically approach and understand the needs of the pupils we support, creating a nurturing environment, where each individual’s education is tailored to help them achieve their best possible outcomes.
The pupils are the centre of everything that we do, and we know that they all have the capacity to achieve academically, vocationally, socially and emotionally, when we provide the right safe and nurturing environment.
Through promoting equality, we recognise individual differences and celebrate diversity. We provide bespoke packages of support and education to meet the specific needs of each individual child or young person. Working towards our pupils agreed EHCP objective, our core approach seeks to empower pupils to want to learn and develop a toolkit of skills to aid them in later life. Alongside this, pupils can achieve nationally recognised qualifications, develop key skills, strengths and resilience, thus promoting personal wellbeing and a secure future.
As part of the Phoenix Learning & Care group, Petherton Park School embodies the values of Honesty, Empathy, Aspiration, Respect and Teamwork; This is of course easy to say, and whilst the website provides a snapshot of what our school can offer, you are more than welcome to get in touch to arrange a visit, and come see for yourself what day to day life is like at Petherton Park School.
Having looked at the website, please get in contact if you have further questions, and we will be happy to help.
DELIVERING OUR VALUES
At Petherton Park School, the individual needs of our pupils are at the heart of all that we do.
We work closely with our children/young people, their families and professionals to create bespoke programmes of learning for pupils, which are tailored to their education, social and emotional needs, supporting them to achieve their full potential. This means that we deliver a personalised curriculum, which, where possible, acknowledges the national curriculum and meets the individual needs of our pupils, whilst also supporting them to meet the outcomes identified in their EHCPs.
To achieve this, every pupil has an individual Pathway Plan and Provision Map which identifies their areas of need and how we can best address them, both in terms of staff approach and the curriculum that they are provided. Our goal is to provide access to the best academic outcomes possible as well as preparing our pupils for adulthood and the next stage of their education by equipping them with the skills required to achieve personal success.
REFERRALS & ADMISSIONS
Pupil intake to Petherton Park School is determined through an assessment process. Parents and Social Workers are welcome to contact the school for more information once you have read our prospectus. We take applications at all points of the year.
- Parents/Carers/Social Worker/Placements team contact school for information.
- Parents/Carers inform Local Authority of their school preferences.
- Local authority consults Petherton Park School.
- Senior leadership team assesses whether pupil needs can be met.
- Further information may be required at this stage.
- Home visit or School visit arranged.
- Parents/Carers and pupil invited for admissions interview.
- Final decision made by Senior leadership team.
- Local Authority informed of decision and education package agreed.
- Admission Pack sent out to parents/carers to be completed and signed.
- Individual risk assessment and positive behavioural support plan created.
- All information added to School Information Systems.
- Transport arranged through the Local Authority.
- Clear transition plan created.
- Pupil starts at Petherton Park School.
- Baseline assessments commence.